Training & Accreditation
I am a qualified Nutritional Therapist, with a Diploma in Naturopathic Nutrition from the College of Naturopathic Medicine, UK . I am a registered full member of the Nutritional Therapists of Ireland (NTOI) professional body and a member of the Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (UK).
General dietary guidelines may be a good start to eating healthy, however tailored nutrition advice is a vital cornerstone for optimum health. It gets results. My aim is to help clients understand the connection between diet, lifestyle and the underlying health conditions they are experiencing. By making mindful decisions about what you eat and understanding the benefits of eating healing foods, I will work with you to establish a personalised and safe nutritional plan that will work for you.
Prior to our meeting, you will be invited to complete a medical history questionnaire asking questions about your symptoms, health concerns, medical history, lifestyle and nutrition. Initial consultation will last 50 minutes and session cost includes a follow up nutrition protocol and lifestyle plan. Supplements and tests maybe recommended.
Experience & Areas of Interest
My journey to naturopathy started at a time in my life when I was experiencing low energy and fatigue due to poor immunity , driven by dietary and lifestyle factors. Identifying the underlying imbalances and taking a holistic approach to my wellbeing enabled a natural healing process. In a world full of confusing messages I believe that nutrition is one of the pillars to living life with energy and enthusiasm. I am proof of this as I now feel stronger and fitter than ever.
I am also a certified practitioner with DNALife, an emerging practice which embraces a gene-based personalised diet and lifestyle plan to optimise your health and well being. Tailoring a nutritional plan based on test results can help with weight management, athletic performance, with optimal training and recovery strategies and prevention of the development of chronic lifestyle disease.
My areas of experience and interest include:
- Digestive issues: IBS, bloating, reflux/GORD, ulcers, food allergies, intolerances, diarrhea, constipation, diverticulitis.
- Weight Management: Weight gain/inability to lose weight, sugar cravings, blood sugar imbalances, diabetes.
- Cardio-Vascular Health: Raised cholesterol, high blood pressure, Metabolic Syndrome.
- Hormonal Imbalances/Women’s Health: Infertility, PMS, PCOS, Endometriosis, Menopause symptoms, Recurring Thrush, Cystitis.
- Skin Conditions: Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea.
- Mental health & General Wellbeing: Low mood, Anxiety, Fatigue, Poor Concentration